It pains me to even write the word.
Have you ever been one?
Perhaps. And if so, I have no doubt that a flood of memories as to how and when you were came racing to mind.
And now for the tough question: Have you ever been guilty of having a “victim mentality”?
It’s self sabotage. It’s the one thing NO ONE ever wants to admit.
And yet I see it all the time in people around me – at the store, casual friendships, and sadly, clients.
This is a tough one and I struggle to write this blog today because it is such a difficult issue. I don’t want to write off how you may have been victimized. All I want to say is that you can’t stay there.
A success coach advises you to look inside yourself and find out if you suffer from a victim mentality. Here are ways to identify a victim mentality:
- When you are the one always being wronged.
- Nothing good happens to/for you.
- If the worst is going to happen, it is going to happen to you.
- The idea of “poor me” enters your thoughts.
I learned something a long time ago from my sister, Kim and this is a lesson you might pay hundreds of dollars to your life coach in order to learn. She was severely burned and it wasn’t her fault. She had every right to be a victim and live that out the rest of her days. However…
The burn community doesn’t operate that way. As I have learned from her and attending the Phoenix Society’s World Burn Congress, there are no victims.
From there, it’s about moving toward that next thing.
And the next thing is “thriving.”
That’s a much better mentality, don’t you think?
Kristi’s passion is to equip and encourage busy women to move easily to the next level of their life and dreams.
– Connect with her on Facebook here for her tips & inspirations.
– View her coaching packages that will empower, encourage and equip you… click here.
– Enjoy Kristi’s free downloadable ebook here or purchase her book here.
– To book Kristi as a speaker for your group or conference click here.